Hello! Hi! How's it going?
So, it's been decided there is no right way to ask this, but do you want to lose a little weight in 2011? (Not that I think you need to, of course. You look fantastic! Just great, really.) But, if you have a goal you'd like to meet this (coming) year, I'd like to help you. See, last year I participated in the MamaPop Biggest Loser competition, and it was such a great accountability/weight-loss resource for me. I'd (consistently) put down carbs or a (third) glass of champagne because I knew a weigh-in was just around the corner.
I hoped I'd be at my goal weight by now but I'm not and instead of wallowing, I'm thinking of big ideas to help me get there. Another Biggest Loser competition-type thing is just what I think will help jumpstart the year and get me toward that thinner finish line.
And my idea includes cash prizes. Cash makes everything better, am I right?
So, do you want to join me? If so, all you have to do is comment on this post or email me at shelikespurple AT gmail.com.
But, what will you need to be willing to do in order to join my little group of one (well, two, I talked Kristie into joining me already):
1. Commit to 12 weeks of weigh-ins and accountability.
2. Toss $20 into the pot to join the competition
2a. (At the end of 12 weeks, the person with the highest percentage of weight loss will get 70% of the pot and the second place "loser" will get the other 30%.)
3. Send your starting weight (and a picture of that number on your scale) and goal weight on January 3rd, the official start date of the competition.
4. Send your weight each week. (No picture needed for weeks other than the first and last.)
5. Send your final weight and a picture of that number on the scale the last weigh-in (March 28th).
6. And that's it!
All these numbers and goals will be sent to me and me only. You don't have to share your weight with the internet or the group. But it's a non-judgment zone, if you'd like to. There will be an email distro if you need support or help or have questions about food or exercise, but you'll send your numbers just to me. (And I promise not to post them anywhere or tell anyone, not even Mike or Kyle or Molly. Even though Molly keeps one helluva secret.)
If you're interested, please comment, we can talk more via email. If you definitely want in, comment comment comment!
Could be fun, right?
(AND CASH! FOR THE WINNER! WHOO!)
Updated to add: I'll collect all emails of those participating and I'll send an official "welcome!" email by 12/30.