(My friend A'Dell does these "seven quick takes" posts from time to time -- she put one up last week, in fact -- and I'm blatantly stealing this idea from her because that's what you get to do when you're friends with smart people. Steal their ideas and then serve them cocktails so they'll forgive you.)
1. I actually meant that cocktail part literally. I made this lemon light cocktail for Kristie and A'Dell for Mother's Day, and it was delicious. Make one for yourself tonight because it's Wednesday and sometimes Wednesdays need cocktails.
2. I also posted on Style Lush about my (sad and pathetically) bare living room wall and how I need to do something with this wall before I just give Kyle a book of stickers and let him go to town. Anyway, I think I've very nearly narrowed it down between filling it with different canvas prints or a bunch of symmetrical (but very large) white framed photos of our travels. Anyone want to vote to sway me one way or the other?
3. I woke up terribly sick at about 2am this morning, and I was up most of the night and most of this morning awfully, horribly, miserably sick sick sick. I haven't been that sick since, well, Kyle. I'm not pregnant, no need to let your mind wander there, but oooooh did it remind me of being pregnant and it reminded me how sweet time can be, to make you forget how awful being that sick really is. (It is just so awful.) Anyway, I'm already feeling better, although not quite 100%, but I'm going to spend the next few days crossing every appendage I've got that my boys miss the puking bullet.
4. There are many posts flying around and pins being pinned about Fun Summer Activities, and while nothing really changes for my house this time of year it's no secret that I really hate summer. I loathe it, in fact. It's just hard to describe how miserable it can be here, especially coming off of last year's brutal summer. So, I'd like to plan some fun activities that help me enjoy the next few months instead of complaining day and night about the heat while never leaving the couch because it's JUST. SO. HOT. OMG. ANYWAY, all that to say, I hope to come up with my own Fun Summer Activity List soon.
5. I still owe you (as if you've been DYING for it) one last Puerto Rico post + the logistics and cost of the trip. That's a'coming! Soon. Ish.
6. Over the weekend, I was hanging up some clothes and Kyle came into our bedroom and said, "I need a hooker." I couldn't possibly have heard him right, so I asked him to repeat it and he said the same thing over. After many back and forths of "what do you need?" "A hooker!" I finally figured out that's what he was calling clothes hangers. This is the kind of entertaining thing you have to look forward to, moms of crying newborns. Instead of correcting him (that wouldn't be fun at all) I asked him to go ask Mike for one. So, he took off down the hall yelling, "Daddy! I need a hooker!"
(I just typed hooker so many times, the searches to my blog over the next few weeks should be fun!)
7. These shoes are impossibly expensive but I love them.