(Obviously we have some spoilers ahead so tread lightly.)
I know, I know, I should just start a TV blog and be done with it. (What if I told you that was in the works? Would you read?) Anyway, that's obviously not available today, and I do have some Very Important TV Thoughts I'd like to share. I won't be offended if you close your browser with an eye-roll, though! But, warning, you will miss a tidbit on Mike's proposal to me and how it's now connected forever to Leslie Knope.
1. I watch and love The Vampire Diaries. No apologies will be made for that, you should know, because I genuinely think it's a stellar show. I hope someone out there watches (hi Liz!) and can commiserate with me over my rage toward Matt. This is a guy who broke up with Caroline because he couldn't deal with her being a vampire. And now he's Elena's chomping toy. I know! He has mad guilt from the accident but if he doesn't high-tail it over to Caroline's house and offer up one helluva an apology soon, I'm going to throw my remote at the TV. Do it, Matt! Apologize! Mike hates it when I throw the remote.
2. Guys, I'm hearing very bad things about Nashville's ratings. Please don't make this another Veronica Mars situation (although we did get three seasons there). Watch! It's good! It's not just about country music! Don't make me weep over its cancellation. Do you want me to weep?
3. I think I'm giving up on Grey's Anatomy. I feel like I was one of the last viewers, loyal even when the show tried its best to make all of his break our loyalty (I will forever have a softness for Meredith Grey; she speaks to me for some reason), but then they went and killed off Lexie and Mark and I think I'm out.
4. Oh, Sons of Anarchy, you are doing all you can to shred my sensitive feelings this season, aren't you? I don't remember being this wrecked after past episodes when I was watching them THREE IN A ROW. But each week this year I feel I've been punched in the gut when the show fades to black and then I think, it can't get worse, it just can't, AND THEN IT GETS WORSE. Oof, Kurt Sutter, ease up, would you! With all that said, I think Charlie Hunnam has been outstanding this season. I have barely noticed his horrible haircut because he's continually blowing me away with his acting. Which means he'll get absolutely zero award nominations. I think that's how those things work. (Also, what do we think, was Gemma high, drunk, or just tired this past week? I am stumped.)
5. Last night's Parks & Rec will stay on my DVR forever and ever. Oh, Ben Wyatt, you perfect TV man, you. (Related note: It's hard to watch Adam Scott in anything else these days because I always feel like he's cheating on Leslie. Stop kissing other women, Adam! Including your real-life wife, please.) Anyway, during his proposal, Leslie said yes before he could finish asking and I DID THIS TO MIKE. I took the ring out of his hand before he was done just like the crazy woman everyone knows me to be. Last night, as we watched, we both got a little excited that Leslie stole my move. I've always wanted to be more like Leslie Knope! Last night I said, "Babe! I Leslie Knoped you!"
6. I've recorded all of Arrow and haven't watched any of it yet. Should I? Is it good? (I use "good" relatively, of course. I know we're talking about the CW here, but I'm a regular voluntary watcher of CW shows. I love some quality TV but I also love some teen love triangles.)
7. This is a general TV thing, but I've noticed that I do this one particular thing when I'm watching a show I really love. I continually pause the TV throughout it. I want to make the hour last longer and when I'm obviously enjoying a scene, I'll pause it in the middle and go make a snack or send an email or just relish the moment, which sounds RIDICULOUS as I type it out, but it's become my measuring stick for enjoyable TV. If I recommend something it's likely I've paused it mid-way a few times.
Share any TV thoughts below!