1. I had a really lovely Mother's Day weekend and I hope you did too. Not only did I sleep-in both days, but Kyle was a delight from sun up (or when I got up) to sun down. Thanks kiddo!
2. Part of the weekend included an impromptu carnival stop.
We drove past and decided to check it out. While Kyle had a blast and we got to record his first ever merry-go-round ride, it was a hilariously creepy carnival. Basically the kind of carnival you'd find in an episode of The Walking Dead.
3. Speaking of television (oh, weren't we?), I'm on the hunt for some shows to pick up during the summer months. I have Southland in the queue, but anything else I should be watching? (You should know I like my shows to at least hint at a love story.)
4. I've registered for two half-marathons this week. One is the BCS half-marathon in December, in my college town, and we're making a mini-reunion out of it. There are also going to be breakfast burritos at the finish line. BREAKFAST BURRITOS! That's so much more awesome than the green bananas the Vegas half-marathon offered me. The other is the 3M in Austin early next year. My lovely fellow runners and I have already begun talking about where to eat in Austin after the race. I have seriously found my people when we discuss a meal eight months in advance.
5. While I haven't been running nearly as much as I should these days, I have begun walking with Kristie a couple nights a week. It's been such a lovely stress relief: walk a few miles, talk to one of my favorite people. Win-win! Too bad you can't train for a race by walking.
6. We're going to Oklahoma this weekend. We're heading north because Mike has a motorcycle race and since it's also our wedding anniversary, we wanted to be together. My grandma lives near the track, so we're making a family visit out of it. I've been excited all week until I realized it's Kyle's first road trip post-potty training. This should be ... something.
7. I've signed Kyle up for swim lessons this summer and the timing worked out so that Mike will take him. I'm sure I'll go to the first lesson to snap a dozen photos but I'm still scarred from the last time we tried lessons with him (what was I thinking taking an 18-month-old to swim lessons?), so I'm happy to pass the parenting buck on this one. I've also enrolled him in a Little Gym class this summer, too. Mike is worried I'm going to make my son's social calendar mirror my own. Mike has a reason to be worried this time.
8. I meant to turn this one into its own post because I suppose it's kind of a big deal, but I think I'll wait a few weeks to really get into it. So, anyway, I've become a vegetarian. It might feel a little out-of-left-field-ish, but it's been a long time coming for me. Again, lots more thoughts to come, but we'll leave it at that for now. (Bye burgers!)
What's good for you these days?