For some reason I thought tossing the word "grand" into the title might make this the best and most crossed-off list to date. Only time will tell if my optimism is really insanity. (Here are my 2010 and 2011 lists!)
Anyway, I brought a lot of things over that went untouched in past years but are still very much things I still want to do. If I haven't done these things in two years, you might ask how much I really want them, but to that I say: it's not that I'm in denial, it's just that I'm really, really tired most of the time. I also tried to be much more concrete in my plans this year. It's downright hard to cross something vague-to-define off any list and I really like drawing lines through things.
So, here we go!
My Very Grand 2012 To-Do List
1. Create a business plan for the 5K I'd like to organize.
2. Finally buy those investment jeans.
3. Get brave with a new hair color.
4. Read all my book club selections.
5. Make Kyle's baby blanket and book of letters.
6. Take at least one yoga class a month.
7. Make a neighborhood friend.
8. Organize the upstairs work space.
9. Go to the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum and eat lunch at Cafe Modern.
10. Write and submit a piece on parenting.
11. PR in every distance (5K, 10K, half-marathon).
12. Get a third tattoo.
13. Throw a baby shower.
14. Take a trip with Mike, to celebrate our fifth anniversary.
15. See a therapist.
16. Update my SS card and passport.
17. Make a general doctor's appointment.
18. Go horseback riding.
19. Decide what to do with my race bibs.
20. Make these envelopes for thank you cards.
21. Create and fill up a magical thinking jar.
22. Paint some mason jars for our kitchen.
23. Do something with the space above our couch.
24. Create a nostalgia wall on the wall by our stairs.
25. Sneak in cans of champagne to a chick flick with friends.
26. Replace our kitchen counters.
27. Have a garage sale and donate half the money to our local food bank.
28. Create an address wreath for our front door.
29. Paint our front door.
30. Run at least 250 miles throughout the year.
31. Find a charity that speaks to me, that I can become a voice for.
32. Say something out loud every day.
33. Go back to College Station.
34. Pose for a boudoir session.
35. Wear pretty new under things on New Year's Day.
36. Enjoy Boston cream pie cupcakes.
37. Host a more organized run at this year's Blathering.
38. Take a family trip, even if it's just a weekend drive somewhere nearby.
39. Hold Natalie's baby boy in the hospital.
40. Create an Activities Advent Calendar for an early month in 2012.
41. Create my Christmas Plan by November 1st.
42. Create a media kit for my Lush sites.
43. Replace our stockings for 2012.
44. Buy a tree skirt.
45. Go to kickboxing, at least five times.
46. Sell 50 shirts through Cherry Jean.
47. Finish the 6-week boot camp class I've already paid for.
48. No phone or computer between 6 pm - Kyle's bedtime.
49. Start marathon prep.
50. Host a champagne-inspired dinner (champagne risotto, champagne cocktails, etc.)
51. Do something with our front porch.
52. Take Kyle on a night out of town, just us two.
53. Eat at Salsa Fuego, in Fort Worth,
54. Throw Mike a very rad 35th birthday party.
55. Re-read To Kill a Mockingbird.
56. Post on She Likes Purple at least 3x a week.
57. Play poker.
58. Volunteer at a race.
59. Karaoke, at least once!
60. Regularly work out the month of December.
61. Write a fictional story (here, on paper, submitted, somehow)
62. Hit send on a hard email.
63. Host an outdoor movie night in our yard.
64. Wear a swimsuit.
65. Put a new pin in our wall map.
66. Buy a great pair of impractical heels.
67. See Beauty & the Beast in a theater, again.
68. See the Nutcracker, Christmas season 2012.
69. Run 15 miles, at some point.
70. Get a new blender and food processor.
71. Go to the ballet.
72. Take professional family photos.
73. Write a letter to Mike once a month.
74. Do 10 real push-ups and one pull-up.
75. Run 3 miles on my 30th birthday.
A few more vauge-ish-type things I want to keep in mind this year:
- If I love them, I shouldn't talk badly about them
- Speak calmly and rationally, even if the other person isn't
- Get better and more knowledgable at social media marketing because I love it
- Clean the house regularly or just finally figure out how to afford a housekeeper
- Alwyas be as nice as possible to Mike because there is simply no one else I like more
- Smile more
- When I know what I'm doing, confidence comes easy
- Do the laundry more often
- Cook more often, especially when things get more stressful
- Don't apologize for crying at the One Tree Hill series finale
- Go to bed earlier, get up earlier
- Say yes as often as it feels right to. Same for saying no.
I have a good feeling about 2012. I hope you do too.